BODY & SOUL MARKETING INTERN
This is a great opportunity to join a team of dedicated and creative professionals on a campaign that will attract notable coverage both in Ireland and abroad. The Body & Soul Marketing Intern will work across three major events in the Irish and UK music calendars and contribute to the broader brand marketing of the organisations.
We’re looking for a savvy and enthusiastic person to join our team as a Marketing Intern between March and June in our Dublin office. If you are proactive, driven and creative who has drive with a passion for music, culture, festivals and events, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Body&Soul internships are competitive and a valuable asset in a career search. Internships are managed by department heads who are sector leaders and who value the hard work and dedication of our interns.
The Marketing Intern will assist the Marketing & Sponsorship Manager and the festival’s publicity firm in delivering marketing campaigns for Body & Soul, Solas @ Latitude Festival and Body & Soul at Electric Picnic for 2019. Reporting to the Marketing & Sponsorship Manager, the intern will be provided with in depth training across a broad range of tasks, with the ability to take ownership over certain projects and have creative input. The marketing intern will work March-June 2019 with various festival departments throughout the contract period and will work from the festival site over several days over the festival period.
- Strong interest in festivals and arts marketing, preferably with an interest in pursuing a career in arts/music marketing
- Skilled communicator, with a flair for creative writing and an interest in music writing/journalism
- Digitally savvy and ahead of the curve on all digital and social opportunities
- Experience in engaging content creation for social media (be it on a professional or personal project)
- Fluent in English
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proficient in Word/Excel/Google Sheets, Google Drive, Google Calendars, Dropbox
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to manage your time effectively
- Ability to work well as part of a dynamic team in an office environment and onsite in a festival environment
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Website maintenance and copywriting for website
- Social media content implementation
- Assisting with print production
- Liaising between outside contractors such as designers/videographers etc and other stakeholders
- Liaising between marketing team and programme team, as well as with curators, artists and agents
- Generate exciting ideas for competitions and activations and assist in implementing these
- Assist in delivering an online advertising schedule
- Assist in coordinating press materials and requests
- Proof-reading copy
- Assist in preparation of all on-site print materials, schedules and information guides
- Managing and responding to customer queries
Terms and conditions of the role:
- Position based in our Dublin city centre office.
- Position 4 days a week until the festival in June – our normal working day is 10.00am-6.00pm, with the exception of the festival period when extra hours may be required to support the workload.
- While this role is office based there is an on site requirement for the Body&Soul Festival. Accommodation and all meals are provided on site.
We are committed to providing the necessary support and resources for carrying out the position. Monthly expenses relating to the position will be paid by the company.
Please submit a copy of your CV along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for this position. All applications should be sent to email@example.com with Application in the subject title Marketing Intern.
Closing date for applications is Friday 15th March 2019 at 5pm. .
The start date for this position is 25 March 2019.
In line with our data protection policy we will only use the information that you give to us for recruitment purposes. Your application will be saved on file in the event that another suitable role might arise. Your details will be used for recruitment purposes only.